TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES FOR PEUCE JOURNAL
Peuce Journal publishes articles from the following fields: ancient history, archaeology, art, historiography, architecture, epigraphy, numismatics, anthropology, archaeozoology, palynology, geology, metallography, archival studies etc., dedicated to a period starting from the Palaeolithic until the end of the Middle Ages and focusing, broadly, on the regions directly connected to the Black Sea, especially the Lower Danube area.
Peuce Journal will not accept papers that have been previously published or to be published at the same time, except for articles in foreign journals that are not easily accessible to Romanian readers, subject to the approval of the editorial board.
The papers should be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx, using diacritical marks if written in Romanian, applying single spaced paragraphs and Palatino Linotype font of the following sizes:
- Title, author, article – 10 pcts;
- footnotes – 9 pcts;
- abstract – 9 pcts.
- if linear, in two shades (black and white), minimum resolution 500 dpi;
- if photographic (black and white or colour), in *.jpg or *.tiff format, minimum resolution 500 dpi.
Sequentially numbered footnotes will follow the British referencing system: author, year of publication, cited page, and figure/table if applicable. A bibliography list in alphabetical order by name of the authors and chronologically in case of several publications by one author will be annexed to the article.
The alphabet of the source publication will be used in both the footnotes and the reference list (in the case of books or papers in Russian, Bulgarian or Greek).
The bibliography list will mention the following information:
- for books: name of author, year of publication, title, volume (number and title), edition, series (collection), number in the series or collection, city of publication.
- Hendy, M.F. 1969, Coinage and Money in Byzantine Empire 1081-1261, Dumbarton Oaks Center of Byzantine Studies 12, Washington.
- Grierson, Ph. 1973, Catalogue of the Byzantine coins in the Dumbarton Oaks Collection and in the Whittemore Collection, III, 2. Basil I to Nicephorus III (867-1081), Washington.
- Гольцева, Н., Кашуба, М. 1995, Глинжень II. Многослойный памятник Среднего Поднестровья, Тирасполь.
– for articles: name of author, year of publication, title of article, name of the publication or collective volume, tome, city of publication and editor – in case of collective volumes, and cited pages.
- Poenaru Bordea, G. 1999, À propos du Pont Occidental et du Bas-Danube à l’époque de Mithridate VI Eupator, Révue Belge de Numismatique et de Sigilographie 145, 155-164.
- Simion, G., Cantacuzino, G. 1962, Cercetările arheologice de la Teliţa (com. Poşta, r. Tulcea, reg. Constanţa), Materiale și Cercetări Arheologice 8, 373-381.
- Teleagă, E. 2014, Pecetea lui Skyles şi tumulii fastuoşi de la Agighiol şi Cugir: omisiune şi falsificare în fondarea mitului “strămoşilor” românilor, geto-dacii, Studii şi Cercetări de Istorie Veche şi Arheologie, 65 (3-4), 295-318.
- Bonev, A. 1995, The Gold Treasure from the Vulchitrun Village (Pleven District) and the Problems of cultural Contacts in Southeast Europe in the Second Half of the Second Millenium BC, în Bailey, D., W., Panayotov, I. (eds.), Prehistoric Bulgaria, Monographs in World Archaeology 22, Madison Wisconsin, 277-308.
- Ветрова, M.H., Кашуба, M.T., Кулькова, M.A., Агульников, C.M., Заноч, A., Бруяко, И.В. 2018, Керамика поселений Сахарна Маре, Хлижень и Шолдэнештъ и источники глин для ее изготовления, in Ghilaş, V. (ed.), Conferinţa ştiinţifică internaţională „Patrimoniul cultural: cercetare, valorificare, promovare”, ediţia a X-a (Chişinău, 30-31 mai 2018). Programul şi rezumatele comunicărilor, Chişinău, 81-82.
Titles of periodicals, volumes, catalogs, corpora, and encyclopedias will not be abbreviated.
The title of the article will be submitted in the language of the article, as well as in Romanian and English.
The abstract, written both in Romanian and English (additional abstracts in other foreign languages – French, Italian, German – can be published, if indicated) will be added at the beginning of the article. The article should also include 4-5 keywords and the explanation of the figures in Romanian and English, and in the language of the article (if different).
Figures – drawings – should fit the maximum size of Peuce Journal page (19.5 × 13.5 cm), except for maps, layouts, profiles or tables, which need to exceed the usual format to be legible. In the case of the latter, the author shall specify, in pencil, on the margin of the drawings, the desired downscaling ratio. For a figure consisting of drawings at different scales, the author shall specify the scale of each drawing.
In order to facilitate the publication of the journal’s issue on time, please observe the submission deadline – March 31st of each year.
Only scientifically substantiated materials consisting of studies, articles, notes and reviews will be accepted. Contributions received for publication will be subject to the assessment system of Peuce Journal (http://revistapeuce.icemtl.ro/ procesul_de_recenzare.html).
The editorial board
”Gavrilă Simion” Eco-Museum Research Institute
32 Progresului Street, ZIP code 820009, Tulcea, Romania